Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year

by Staci Louise Smith

Happy New Year from all of us here at LMAJ!  

Now that most all of the holiday dinners are done, and gifts are given, and the kids are going back to school...........now what?

How do you start your new year?  Are you fired up with a million ideas and tons of motivation?  Or are you floundering and procrastinating, totally drained from 2014?

I know I am the latter- totally procrastinating.  I need to get show app's out, like ASAP.  I need to enter a years worth of receipts (my own fault, I know).  I need to finish up some VERY late class proposals and hope I can still get in to teach.............

But my studio looks like this......................

My shipping area like this................................

My receipt drawer like this....................

I want to do none of it.  

NONE

OF 

IT

So I started to clean up a space on my desk, and there was wire sitting there.

And on my very long list of things that need to be done, is to make Bead Dreams submissions.

And I was thinking one of those submissions would need a wire armature in it.

So I thought I would quick play with some wire (only take a minute) just to see how I'd want to do it.

The rest of the desk never got cleared.
The receipts did not get entered.
The studio is still full of piles.

But I made this necklace (upper right corner)
Which led to these earrings (left and bottom)

Which led to this.


Which led to this.

and none of it led to making armature for polymer clay.....:shaking my head at myself:
And now I just want to make jewelry.

I am the worst employee ever, and if i weren't my own boss I'd totally fire myself.

So, how are you guys doing?  On fire, or just lugging along?  I'd love to hear how you are ready to take on 2015!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment